Thursday, October 17, 2013

Short and Sweet!

Hey everyone!

This post is going to be short and sweet (hence the title) but I just wanted to make one since I haven't this entire week. (I am sure you are on pins and needles ;)) Haha anyways I just wanted to give you all a little update on how my week is going.

To put it mildly it has been full of work and pretty boring events, but I do have to say that the bright side is that work is actually not too bad and has been rather rewarding in terms of giving me a great experience and a great new appreciation of the term "hard work pays off". We have been very busy at the agency and when I have more time, I will hopefully be able to fill you in a little bit more. But for right now just to let everyone know, I am working every day and putting every skill and piece of knowledge that exist within my little brain to use!

On a much lighter and happier note, this weekend and all of next week will be a fantastic time for me! As I am writing this my best friend, Madi is taking off from the airport to come and visit me until Sunday and I could not be more excited!!! Having her here will be such an amazing experience and I can't wait to show her all that DC has to offer! And hallelujah she is getting here right as the shut down is over so we can actually go to the museums and monuments!! It is going to be a great weekend and I look forward to posting pictures for all of you to see the wonderful adventures we will be going on.

Then shortly after Madi leaves me, I get another wonderful visit from my lovely parents and aunt who is coming all the way from Colorado to visit! I am beyond words excited for them to get here and so glad that it is only one week away!! They will be here for around 5 days and I just know we will have an amazing time! I am so happy to get to be the tour guide now instead of having to ask someone else for help. I must admit I have gotten pretty darn good at knowing where things are around this crazy place, so hopefully we won't be getting in to too much trouble while they are all here! ;)

As I said earlier this past week has been filled with work and some homework assignments for our class, but I did have the opportunity to catch a preseason NBA game between the Wizards and the Heat on Tuesday and it was lots of fun! It is pretty hilarious to see how crazy people get over seeing Lebron James and Dwayne Wade play. I will post a few pictures below so that you can see what the Verizon Center Arena looks like. I will hopefully be attending more sporting events their in the coming weeks, so when I do I will be sure to keep you posted.

I hope you are all having a fantastic week and I look forward to sharing with you all in the weeks to come about the adventures that we all take with my lovely visitors!!


Sorry the picture is kind of blurry! But here is what the Verizon Center looked like from our seats! Lebron James is on the bottom left and Dwayne Wade is the one shooting the free throw on the right! Hopefully I will have better pictures in the weeks to come, so stay tuned!

Off to the airport I go!!! Love you all!!

Kalee

No comments:

Post a Comment