Tuesday, October 1, 2013

First Day and What Lies Ahead

Hey everyone!

This week has been crazy already and it is only Tuesday! I realized that I have yet to actually make a post that tells you about my week and the things that are happening in it, so this post will definitely be about all of that.

Yesterday I FINALLY started my internship, and I LOVE IT!! Yes it has only been one day and yes it was only for a few hours, but it was utterly amazing. I left there feeling like I am going to experience so much this semester and get to do so many cool and exciting things. My boss is genuinely an upstanding guy and is literally in the position that I aspire to be in someday. I am also getting to work alongside another student who is in his second year of law school at George Mason University, named Pasha. He is a great guy and I think we are going to be able to work very well together. DLE Agency is truly an up and coming sports representation and consultation agency and there is no doubt in my mind that it will become a huge hit among big time athletes in the very near future!

As for the rest of this week, my boss will be in New York attending business meetings so Pasha and I will be working together through email from the comfort of our own homes. I am so excited about all of the opportunities that I will be presented with throughout these next 10 weeks and can not wait until I have more to share with all of you.

As for my weekend, it will be extremely exciting as well! Most of you know, but some may not, LCU is being honored by the Washington Center as the private university of the year and because of this we will all be attending a Gala on Monday evening. So because of the gala and us being honored, many of our deans and faculty from LCU are coming here to DC to celebrate with us and we will get to have a fun filled weekend of catching up and going to see the sights (well at least the ones that aren't shut down by the government). We will have a reception on Sunday evening for all of the LCU people that are here, as well as various alumni from around the area and I am so looking forward to seeing familiar faces and talking with all of these wonderful people.

In regards to the government shutdown it doesn't really effect my job so I am still getting to go to work every day in the coming weeks, or however long this thing lasts. However, many of my friends are now out of internships so it will be an interesting time for all of them trying to find something to keep them busy the next couple of weeks or so. It does also mean that most of the museums, the monuments and the zoo will be closed for the time being and that is truly so sad because it ruins the experience of DC for so many people. I am hoping that this shutdown will not last as long as people are saying that it will and we will all be able to return to a since of normalcy around here, but until then I am sure that we will be able to find fun things to do!

I hope each of you has an amazing week and I look forward to sharing more about my internship with you over the next few months! I am so excited for the fall weather to come and get to experience the leaves changing in the next few weeks. Until next time, just know that I love and appreciate you all and thank you so much for all of the sweet comments that I got yesterday regarding my first day. You are all amazing!

Love,
Kalee

No comments:

Post a Comment